News for 'BWT Mercedes'

A Mercedes masterstroke keeps Max Verstappen at bay -- for now

A Mercedes masterstroke keeps Max Verstappen at bay -- for now

Rediff.com10 Aug 2019

Mercedes's brilliant pitstop strategy spoiled the game for Max Verstappen in Hungarian Grand Prix, says Rediff's F1 columnist Raja Sen.

The German Grand Prix was a wet and wild epic

The German Grand Prix was a wet and wild epic

Rediff.com31 Jul 2019

'The phenomenal Max Verstappen was both sloppy and superb in Germany, getting caught out during the first two starts, and even spinning his car around to give the crowd something to gasp at with a Batmobile-esque 360 degree turn. 'After Hamilton crashed and Verstappen sniffed victory, though, he pounced hard, put his foot down, and took a deserved race win,' says Rediff's F1 columnist Raja Sen.

Mallya's Force India put into administration; Owes Mercedes 13 million euros

Mallya's Force India put into administration; Owes Mercedes 13 million euros

Rediff.com28 Jul 2018

There has been speculation within Formula One that Lawrence Stroll, the billionaire father of Canadian driver Lance, is willing to invest in Force India as part of a move for his son from Williams.

Mallya's Force India go pink for 2017 F1 season

Mallya's Force India go pink for 2017 F1 season

Rediff.com14 Mar 2017

Team co-owner Vijay Mallya said in a statement on Tuesday that the deal, which will make the cars stand out at the Australian season-opener next week, is one of the most significant partnerships in Force India's 10-year history.

Perez staying with Force India in 2019

Perez staying with Force India in 2019

Rediff.com18 Oct 2018

Force India did not say who the other driver would be, but that is assumed to be Canadian Lance Stroll whose billionaire father Lawrence heads a consortium that now controls the Silverstone-based outfit.

Force India preparing for Belgian GP amid uncertainty

Force India preparing for Belgian GP amid uncertainty

Rediff.com23 Aug 2018

Doubts about Force India being able to race at Spa, the first Grand Prix since the August break, emerged on Wednesday with reports of legal complications.

Mallya's reign ends as Stroll leads rescue deal for Force India F1 team

Mallya's reign ends as Stroll leads rescue deal for Force India F1 team

Rediff.com8 Aug 2018

They said creditors would be paid in full and all 405 jobs at the Silverstone-based team, that was co-owned by embattled Indian businessman Vijay Mallya and finished fourth last year, were safe.

Force India had 2.2m pounds worth dues to be paid before July

Force India had 2.2m pounds worth dues to be paid before July

Rediff.com4 Oct 2018

The report also revealed the parlous finances of the Vijay Mallya-owned team at the time they were taken into administration last July.

Mallya 'devastated' to lose control of Force India F1 team

Mallya 'devastated' to lose control of Force India F1 team

Rediff.com30 Jul 2018

The administration was triggered by Force India's Mexican driver Sergio Perez, supported by engine provider Mercedes and team sponsor BWT who were also owed money by a team struggling financially.

Force India ready to hit back after cash squeeze

Force India ready to hit back after cash squeeze

Rediff.com15 Jun 2018

The Silverstone-based team have finished fourth for the past two years

Took action against Force India to save jobs: Perez

Took action against Force India to save jobs: Perez

Rediff.com28 Jul 2018

'I love Vijay. My heart is really broken because I know this is not ideal in the short term for him, but the big picture is really different'